About Me

My photo
MUMBAI, MAHARASHRA, India
BANKER FOR 16 YEARS, SELF EMPLOYED FOR LAST 7 YEARS

21 November, 2012

"When I came to this world, people where laughing & I was crying; I will make entire Universe so beautiful that when I will pass away, I will laugh and people will cry" - II

Why I felt to write on this topic again? 

Because recently (17.11.2012), when Balasaheb Tkackrey expired @3:30 pm, next day it was suppose to his funeral @ 6:00 pm in Shivaji Park. His body was taken from his Bandra house @9AM and to cover 5 k.m. road, it took nearly 8 hours time.

Officially he was not Political Leader, President, Prime Minister, Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Big Government Officer or High Post person; even though there were more than 20 lacs people gathered for his rituals, which includes his family, friends, relatives (- which normally comes for most of the individuals), But in his case there were all big politicians, corporate sector who's who; Big stars from Film Fraternity - (These people also can come for big person's death); But I felt above all was general civilians; citizens of India - who are not directly or indirectly connected with him were also there (And that counted the most), particularly were practically no transportation was working....(except local train...that too at a distance place) and surely his fan followers.

Hence I felt that this person must have touched the heart of so many people. Otherwise in this practical life, why on holiday any one spend his entire day in heavy Sun light - with out food, water and to walk / stand for more than 10 hours (including his other rituals) and total time.

Currently I'm not putting any debate over his personal or professional life. I'm just saying that he has created his own value to the such a high level, were so many people turn towards him. Over above all I'm not counting person like me (who were sitting at home and watched entire day his funeral program on Media through T.V.) and still how many people are still surfing internet websites to know about him or circulated messages over Text, SMS, Mails and links.

In my this life span, I have not seen such a million crowd for any one's funeral (I've seen on TV old recording for Mahatma Gandhi - but not live).

I felt, if I should get a death, then it should be like above class or matching to the same. Which I refer to my auto signature always - hence I wrote this message again.

RIP Balasaheb Thackrey.

Supporting links to above by attaching few links from national & international news & media:

bal thackeray funeral: Latest News, Videos, Photos | Times of India

Unprecedented crowds bid adieu to Thackeray - The Hindu

Huge crowd descends for Bal Thackeray's funeral procession - Deccan Herald

Bal Thackeray funeral: Thousands mourn right-wing leader - BBC

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment