About Me

My photo
MUMBAI, MAHARASHRA, India
BANKER FOR 16 YEARS, SELF EMPLOYED FOR LAST 7 YEARS

18 August, 2010

Best wishes for Guru Purnima with Valuable Notes

Dear Friend,

This time I've decided that rather then just wishes, Let me share some good note.

This is what the sastras (Hindu religion) teach. To our superiors, we serve them by hearing submissively from them, and by carrying out their orders. We try to, in a very humble and menial way, assist them in their service to the Lord. That is how we serve our superiors. To those who are equal to us, we serve them by developing very loving friendships. By becoming very intimate with one another. And that intimacy should be based on God’s prayer with consciousness. It is not required to live as a monk in the temple. Everyone receives benefit according to the faith and devotion he gives, whether big or small. Whatever devotion one has, he invests and gets profit. Thus one's capital accrues. Then he reinvests the enhanced capital. In this way one will very soon be Spiritually Rich.To reside within a temple, one should be on the level of bhajana-kriya or anartha-nivrtti. But those living at home can be on any level, higher or lower. And even if one has only a small degree of faith, still that has value and can be reinvested. Therefore the preachers should encourage people to bestow their faith in GOD (whichever GOD you believe in). "O Lord, I have simply wasted my life. Even though I obtained the human form of life, I did not worship GOD. Thus I have knowingly drunk poison." I walk back toward my office, shutting my mind out from everything around me. I want to focus on my spiritual life. A sense of urgency overcomes me. Like a desperate man, I start to take stock of my devotional life. I ask myself: Is my chanting of the holy names good enough? Why am I not getting the real taste for chanting? Why is my chanting done as a routine chore, like any other activity? Why does my soul not cry out for the Lord? Why am I so attached to this humdrum life? The Lord is willing to give us permanent residence in His spiritual abode. I resolve to take devotional service more seriously. As Kali-yuga, the present degraded age, expands, opportunities to chant the names of the Lord will diminish. Let us make the best use of this opportunity and not wait for another life. Who knows what kind of a body or in what situation we will find ourselves in our next life? Better to sacrifice everything in this life, become fully GOD's conscious, and go back home, back to Godhead. You can chant GOD’s name softly for personal meditation or loudly with your family or friends. Both ways work. It’s free. Chanting never costs you money. There are no previous Qualifications needed for chanting. Young or old, anyone can chant—from any race, any religion, or any country of the world. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment